Tuesday, February 25, 2014

A rose by any other name would smell as sweet

Love Romeo and Juliet.
Ok, not so much the theatrics of double suicide, but William Shakespeare had a way with words.... 
Anyways, I tend to disagree with Juliet. I think somethings need names. Somethings just ARE a Steve or William or Henry. Hard to say Shakespeare's sonnets would have been taken as serious had the man gone by "Bill Shakespeare", but I diverge.

I personally enjoy thinking up creative names for things that once were discarded or left to sit unloved and often ugly. I mean who can stare at anything and not see it take on its own persona? So after working on Carla this morning with my three year old apprentice, I realized she isn't a Carla, I'm not sure what she is, she is definitely more a Joan than Carla, but I'm leaving her name be, and focusing on her gorgeous dovetailed drawers that are getting stained Dark Walnut by Minwax. So now I ask.....

 Who wants to name furniture with me?!

1 comment:

  1. Carla reminded me of my ex coworker thats a transgender diva.. remember her?? Lol

    I wanna help name furniture!!!

    ReplyDelete